Fourth Degree Assembly
Welcome to the Knights of Columbus
Father Lucien Galtier Assembly #542 Homepage
Emblem of the Patriotic Degree
The triad emblem of the Fourth Degree features the dove, the cross and the globe. The dove, classic symbol of the Holy Spirit and peace, is shown hovering over the orb of the Earth (globe). Both are mounted on a variation of the Crusader's cross, which was found on the tunics and capes of the Crusading knights who battled to regain the Holy Land from the pagans.
Spiritually, the sacred symbols on the emblem typify the union of the Three Divine Persons in one Godhead, the most Blessed Trinity.
- The Globe – God the Father, Creator of the Universe.
- The Cross – God the Son, Redeemer of Mankind.
- The Dove – God the Holy Spirit, Sanctifier of Humanity.
The colors of the symbols are:
- A blue globe with the land of the Western Hemisphere in white.
- A red cross with gold borders and gold knobs at the end of the points forming the ends of the arms of the cross, also known as the Isabella cross.
- A white dove.
Red, white and blue are the colors of the flag of the country in which the Knights originated. They are used to stress patriotism, the basic principle of the Fourth Degree.